Friday 9 October 2009

We Can't All Be Astronauts Wins Best Biography / Memoir!

So, yeah, guess what? Last night, my first book, We Can't All Be Astronauts, scooped Best Biography/Memoir at the East Anglian Book Awards! That's good, isn't it? The judges called it: 'A funny, poignant, beautifully written account of a budding writer's quest for literary success.' Yep. No argument there, judges.

As you can imagine, I am - ah ha, ah ha, wait for it, wait for it... over the moon. Eh? Eh? Because 'astronauts', you see? Not just a funny pun though folks - also true. I was really surprised and I accepted my award in a sort of dazzled fug. Wow. Happy times. Thanks so much to everybody who's read it and those of you who've taken the time to write to me to confirm it didn't make you sick in your mouths.

2 comments:

  1. Its a quality book Tim - well done all round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I'm almost done with your book now and it has really hit home - an awesome, fun read. Any future books planned?

    ReplyDelete